Dublin City Marathon

All things race-related.
BShaugh

Dublin City Marathon

Post by BShaugh »

Getting close now so good luck to Joy, PJ and Peter in next Monday's Dublin marathon :o , events come and go but the marathon is still and will always be one serious challenge. For a small club members have done a serious range and number of events this year, would be interesting to compile them all
RGough

Re: Dublin City Marathon

Post by RGough »

Best of luck guys i will be looking out for you on the tv coverage from the comfort of my armchair. Would love to be doing it
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Best of luck to all, have a great day.
BShaugh wrote:For a small club members have done a serious range and number of events this year, would be interesting to compile them all
Nice one Shocks, I was hoping someone would volunteer to do that. ( :D ) Maybe start a thread about it in the member's area, you do all the tri and athletic events, I'll add in the MTB stuff.
frankb

Post by frankb »

It's getting closer folks - hope last minute prep's are going well!
Good luck to Pj on his first effort, Joy on her second and Peter - well, god knows how often Peter has done these kinds of distances:D .

We could have a sprint finish though, as all three have very similiar runtime targets!
pcoulahan

Post by pcoulahan »

If next Monday is anything like yesterday then I'll be staying in bed watching out for the other two on tv :D

The three of us all have similar target times but only one of us has actually trained properly and followed a proper plan..............the other two of us are hoping testosterone and pig ignorance will get us around. I can forsee a lot of pain in my future :evil:
Dena

Post by Dena »

Good luck all, looking forward to hearing times ...
don

Post by don »

Best of luck everyone, big mental and physical challenge
johnd

Post by johnd »

Best of luck tomorrow folks
20 mile warmup, 10k race!!
Give it socks and smile at the end :)
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Congratulations Joy, all done in 3:53! In shocking weather too :o
Don't know yet how the others got on
pcoulahan

Post by pcoulahan »

4.24 :shock: as slow as my last IM marathon :shock: started off behind the 3.45 pacers and within 2 miles knew I was going to have problems. Slowed down and hit the halfway mark in 1.55hrs but was really struggling. Got slower and slower and when the 4hr pacers passes me I just gave in. I walked most of between miles 17 and 25. Got overtaken by fat aul ones and people in fancy dress. To cap it all of it was peeing down for the last 3 miles. Overall a horrible day out.

I think PJ came in around 3.56.